If you see a notice on the main screen about connectivity errors, these are things that may help.
Stekker will try to automatically connect and reconnect to your vehicles in the background. If this keeps failing and it has last been hours since your car was last reached, a notification like this might appear.
Things to try:
- There might be a problem with the servers at your car maker. This might cause this notification to appear temporarily. Maybe check their website or social media for any outages, or wait some time for this to resole. Feel free to reach out to us about this.
- Your car maker might have changed something that is causing an issue. Please check you car maker's app for any updates to security questions, legal terms or software updates to resolve bugs.
- Volkswagen updated their privacy agreement. You need to approve this agreement in WeConnect.
- Check the WiFi connection of your vehicle, or maybe turn WiFi off and let your vehicle connect over a mobile network. If you also fail to connect to your vehicle from your official supplier's app, then this is often the issue at hand. This often happens with Tesla's that too far away from a functioning WiFi signal but still are able to connect.
- The opposite is also true: If the mobile networks are bad where you are, try and find a WiFi network you can park close to.
Do you have no problem getting to your car from your car maker's app but Stekker keeps displaying this message? In some cases this problem is related to a vehicle or software update that created an incompatibility with Stekker.
It would be great if you could let us know! Please use the "Send feedback button" and send us which vehicle and charge point you have, and which issue you're encountering.